Essential Things You Need to Know About Cosmetic Dentistry in Chicago
In recent years, cosmetic dentistry has become quite popular. Millions of people across the world are getting the smiles they have always wanted with the help of cosmetic procedures. However, there are still many people who are skeptical about the procedures. In this blog, we will discuss more about cosmetic dentistry to help you make an informed decision. You can count on us if you are looking for a dental office near you in Chicago, IL.
Fast Facts about Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dental procedures can be used alongside restorative procedures to achieve an ideal smile.
- A beautiful smile can improve your self-esteem, first impression, and even the quality of your life.
- Cosmetic dental procedures improve not just your smile but also your oral health.
- There are many cosmetic procedures, and each person requires a specific procedure, depending on their unique problems.
- Each cosmetic procedure is unique and costs differently.
- In most cases, dental insurance does not cover cosmetic procedures.
Myths about Cosmetic Dentistry
As cosmetic smiles become more and more popular, many myths about them arise. Unfortunately, some myths are so prevalent you would confuse them for facts. Some of the most common myths include:
- Cosmetic dental procedures weaken one’s teeth: This is not true because there have been several studies about cosmetic dentistry, and none supports these claims. They are all safe, and they won’t negatively affect your teeth.
- Cosmetic procedures are too expensive and not worth it: While it might be true some procedures are slightly expensive; they are all worth every penny. Furthermore, there are many options, and you can always find a procedure within your budget.
- Cosmetic smiles do not look natural: On the contrary, now one will know you underwent a cosmetic procedure because the smile will look very natural.
- Cosmetic procedures are very painful: This is not accurate. The procedures are painless, and the dentist will not even need to use sedation.
Top Cosmetic Procedures
As aforementioned, there are several cosmetic procedures, and the dentist will choose the most suitable for your condition. Some of the top procedures include:
Whitening is, by far, the most common cosmetic dental procedure. It involves the use of whitening chemicals to remove stains from foods and drinks. The procedure is conducted in a dental clinic, and it should not take you more than 60 minutes in the clinic. Typically, the whitening effects last for up to two years if you maintain proper oral hygiene.
The orthodontic procedure is often conducted to correct teeth misalignment and close wide gaps between teeth. It usually involves the use of traditional braces with brackets, especially among kids. Adults can use clear aligners such as Invisalign® and ClearCorrect®. The aligners are removable and transparent, making them discreet and comfortable. The treatment usually takes between six and eighteen months, depending on the degree of the problem.
Sometimes, teeth whitening may not work for you, especially if the stains result from enamel thinning. In such a case, the dentist may recommend the use of veneers. Veneers are made of tooth-colored materials, and they don’t stain easily. Apart from fixing teeth discoloration, veneers can also be used to close gaps between teeth, repair chipped teeth, and as an alternative for fillings.
Typically, bonding is used to repair broken and chipped teeth. The bonding material is often made of tooth-colored materials. It is a versatile procedure, and it can also be used as an alternative for fillings and cover discolored teeth.
As much as dental implants are used for restorative purposes, it does not change the fact that they still enhance your smile. When you miss one or more teeth, especially on the front line, your smile is not as perfect as you would want it to be. Replacing the missing tooth with an implant restores your smile as much as it restores the functionality of your teeth. The procedure takes longer, but it is always worth the wait.
Lawn Dental Center
If you are looking for a cosmetic dentist in Chicago, Illinois, you are in the right place. We provide all cosmetic dental services including, veneers, whitening, bonding, implants, and more. Book an appointment today.